Call for Conference Papers ISMAR 2022
CALL FOR CONFERENCE PAPERS (ISMAR 2022, SINGAPORE, OCTOBER 17-21, 2022)
ISMAR 2022, the premier conference for Augmented Reality (AR) and Mixed Reality (MR), will be held in Singapore from October 17-21, 2022. Note that following the changes to the ISMAR submission structure in 2021 we will again this year offer three distinct calls for papers. These are for journal paper, conference paper and poster paper tracks. This call is for submission to the conference paper track. See the ISMAR journal paper track and poster paper track for more information on those specific calls.
Abstract Deadline: May 27th, 2022 (23:59 AoE)
Paper Submission Deadline: June 3rd, 2022 (23:59 AoE)
Notification: August 3rd, 2022
Camera-ready version: August 22nd, 2022
ISMAR is responding to the increasing commercial and research activities related to Augmented Reality (AR), Mixed Reality (MR) and Virtual Reality (VR). ISMAR 2022 will this year continue to cover the full range of technologies encompassed by the MR continuum, from interfaces in the real world to fully immersive experiences.
ISMAR invites research contributions that advance AR/MR/VR, collectively referred to as eXtended Reality (XR), technologies, and are relevant to the community. Each research paper should report a validated contribution covering one or more of four styles as detailed below:
- Methodological papers should describe advances in theories and methods of XR.
- Technology papers should describe advancements in algorithms or devices critical to XR.
- System papers should indicate how the developers integrated existing methods, algorithms, and technologies to produce an effective system, and convey any lessons learned in the process.
- Application papers provide an important insight to the community by explaining how the authors built upon existing ideas and applied them to solve a relevant problem in a novel way.
We welcome papers that provide contributions in more than one of these areas. Authors need to select a primary designation during the submission process. Each paper should include an evaluation of its contributions appropriate to its type and the current COVID-19 situation (e.g., user study, case study, expert user feedback, system comparisons, technical benchmarking). We understand that many researchers are still facing major challenges with regard to in-person user evaluation. Thus we encourage authors to explore alternative ways to validate their contribution, such as employing expert reviews, online studies, or qualitative studies.
We welcome paper submissions from 4-8 pages excluding references. Paper quality versus length will be assessed according to a contribution-per-page judgment. Depending on the outcome, papers could be accepted or rejected as conference papers or poster papers.
All accepted papers will have the opportunity to be presented as a demo/poster.
All accepted papers will be archived in the IEEE Xplore digital library.
Detailed submission and review guidelines are available on the conference website and the Guidelines section. Note that a paper abstract must be uploaded prior to the actual paper submission deadline (see submission deadlines). All paper submissions must be in English.
TOPICS OF INTEREST
All topics relevant to and advancing AR,MR and VR are of interest. VR papers are welcome regardless of their relevance to AR/MR. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Camera and projector-camera calibration
- Collaborative XR interfaces
- Computer vision
- Content creation / authoring and content management.
- Conversational and speech interfaces.
- Display technologies (e.g., eyewear, smart watches, projectors)
- Ethics & social implications
- Ergonomics and human factors
- Human-computer interaction
- Immersive visual analytics and visualization techniques
- Localization, spatial registration and tracking
- Locomotion and navigation techniques
- Machine learning / artificial intelligence
- Mediated and diminished reality
- Multimodal input and output
- Multi-user systems, distributed and networked systems.
- Omnidirectional, immersive videos
- Presence, body ownership, and agency
- Rendering techniques
- Sensor fusion
- Spatial audio, auditory perception and psychoacoustics
- Spatial AR, projection mapping, projector-camera systems
- System & hardware architectures, real-time aspects.
- Touch, tangible and gesture interfaces
- Social implications
- Technology acceptance
- Teleoperation and telepresence
- Toolkits and software architectures
- User experience, usability studies and human-subjects experiments
- Underwater & space XR technologies
- 3D User interaction techniques
- Video processing and streaming
- VR simulations of AR/MR/XR
- Visual effects / video processing
- Virtual humans and avatars
- XR applications from domains such as
-- Art, cultural heritage, education and training
-- Automotive, aerospace, and other engineering domains
-- Entertainment, sports broadcast
-- Health, accessibility, wellbeing, and medical applications
-- Diversity and inclusion
-- Industrial, military, emergency response
-- Therapy and rehabilitation
-- Underwater & space science
-- XR for COVID
-- Further domains not listed above
We also encourage authors to submit emerging applications, technologies, and methodology papers addressing topics not listed above.
ISMAR 2022 Science & Technology Conference Papers Chairs
Retour sur Laval Virtual en virtuel
Nous n’avons jamais rassemblé autant de participant au VRIC durant Laval Virtual !Les chiffres...
CfP : SMI 2020 Fabrication and Sculpting Event
The Fabrication and Sculpting Event (FASE) presents original research at the intersection of...
Articles de la conférence CHI 2020 disponibles
Les proceedings de la conférence CHI 2020 (Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems)...
Call for Papers ISMAR 2020
http://ismar20.org/call-for-papers/Note: all submissions are made via the PCS system. Please see...
Report – Journée du Groupe de Travail « Réalité Virtuelle » du GDR IG.RV
Suite à la crise sanitaire, nous somme obligés de décaler le Groupe de travail réalité virtuelle...
Frontiers in Virtual Reality – Online Seminar Series
The Editorial board of Frontiers in Virtual Reality is pleased to present a series of virtual...