ISMAR2020: Second Call for Posters and Tutorials
IEEE INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM ON MIXED AND AUGMENTED REALITY
November 09 to 13, 2020
ISMAR is the premier conference for Augmented Reality (AR) and Mixed Reality (MR). In 2020, ISMAR will be held between November 9th and 13th and it will be a virtual conference.
ISMAR explores the advances in commercial and research activities related to AR, MR, and Virtual Reality (VR) by continuing the expansion of its scope over the past several years. ISMAR 2020 will cover the full range of technologies encompassed by the MR continuum, from interfaces in the real world to fully immersive experiences.
This range goes far beyond the traditional definition of AR, which focuses on precise 3D tracking, visual display, and real-time performance.
We specifically invite contributions from areas such as Computer Graphics, Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Computer Vision, Optics, and in particular VR, and how these areas contribute to advancing AR, MR, XR, and VR technology. The poster session is a fix-point of ISMAR, where the community engages in a discussion about the benefits and challenges of AR in other research and application domains.
Call for Posters
This year, in the face of the challenges presented by the COVID-19 pandemic, we are considering different presentation alternatives that will encourage discussion among authors and attendees. Poster papers will be reviewed on the basis of an extended abstract, which can be 2-6 pages long and contain smaller contributions or in-progress work. The page limit also includes the list of references.
Please note that ISMAR does not consider a poster paper of 2-pages to be an archival publication. Therefore submitting work in a 2-pager poster format does not preclude later submitting the same work in the form of a full paper. And to clarify, poster papers with more than 2 pages will need further scrutiny by ISMAR reviewers to check for added value when submitted as a full paper in later years. ISMAR reviewers are committed to maintaining and enforcing these reviewing principles.
Accepted Poster Papers will be published in the adjunct proceedings of IEEE ISMAR 2020 and will be included in the IEEE Xplore digital library. Poster paper presentation sessions will be organized at the conference. At least one of the authors must register and attend the conference to present the poster.
• Submission Deadline: July 24, 2020 (23:59 AoE)
• Final Notification: August 31, 2020
• Camera-Ready Version: September 11, 2020
Please note that the review process of posters will be double-blind. Please be anonymous during submission (one should not mention author name, affiliation, or acknowledgments in the submission). The author information in the following formats should be replaced with the paper ID.
Posters papers must follow the "Conference Proceedings" format for which templates (TEX, DOC) are available from the submission guidelines, or directly from IEEE VGTC:
• VGTC LaTeX Template (http://junctionpublishing.org/vgtc/Templates/october2017/vgtc_conference_latex.zip)
• VGTC Word Template (http://junctionpublishing.org/vgtc/Templates/word_conf_vgtc_12.zip)
• VGTC Sample PDF Paper (http://junctionpublishing.org/vgtc/Templates/october2017/vgtc_conference_latex.pdf)
All materials must be submitted electronically through the Precision Conference website at https://new.precisionconference.com/ismar. Please see the submission and review guidelines for additional details.
Topics of Interest
All topics relevant to AR, VR, and MR are of interest. Note that VR papers are also welcome regardless of their relevance to AR/MR. For brevity, AR/MR/VR are subsumed under XR. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
• AI for XR
• Camera and Projector-Camera Calibration
• Collaborative XR interfaces
• Computer Vision for XR
• Content creation / authorinģ and content management for XR
• Conversational and Speech Interfaces for XR
• Display technologies (e.g., eyewear, smartwatches, projectors)
• Ethical issues
• Ergonomics and human factors
• Haptic and tactile interfaces, wearable haptics, passive haptics, pseudo haptics for XR
• Human augmentations
• Human-Computer Interaction for XR
• Immersive Visual Analytics
• Localization, spatial registration, and tracking for XR
• Locomotion and navigation techniques
• Machine Learning for XR
• Mediated and Diminished Reality
• Multimodal input and output for XR
• Omnidirectional, 360, immersive Videos for XR
• Perception in XR
• Presence, body ownership, and agency
• Real-time performance issues
• Rendering techniques for XR
• Sensor fusion
• Spatial audio for XR, auditory perception and psychoacoustics
• Spatial AR, Projection mapping, Projector-camera systems
• System architectures for XR, distributed and online systems
• Touch, tangible and gesture interfaces
• Technology acceptance and social implications of XR
• Teleoperation and telepresence
• User experience, Usability studies and human-subjects experiments for XR
• Video processing and streaming for XR
• VR simulations of AR/MR/XR
• Visual effects/video processing
• Virtual Humans and Avatars
• Visualization techniques for XR
• XR applications from domains such as:
◦ Art, cultural heritage, education, and training
◦ Automotive and aerospace
◦ Entertainment, sports broadcast
◦ Health, wellbeing, and medical applications
◦ Industrial, military, emergency response
◦ Therapy and rehabilitation
◦ Further domains not listed above
Rafael Roberto and Xinchao Wang
ISMAR 2020 Poster Chairs
Call for Tutorials
The ISMAR 2020 organizing committee invites proposals for tutorials associated with the main conference.
The conference will be hosted as a virtual conference. All tutorials will be held as part of the virtual conference on November 9th and 10th.
- Proposal Deadline: 14th July 2020 (23:59 AoE)
- Acceptance Notification: 28th July 2020
See the attached pdf and http://ismar20.org/call-for-tutorials for further details.
The ISMAR 2020 Workshops/Tutorials Chairs.
Retour sur Laval Virtual en virtuel
Nous n’avons jamais rassemblé autant de participant au VRIC durant Laval Virtual !Les chiffres...
CfP : SMI 2020 Fabrication and Sculpting Event
The Fabrication and Sculpting Event (FASE) presents original research at the intersection of...
Call for Papers ISMAR 2020
http://ismar20.org/call-for-papers/Note: all submissions are made via the PCS system. Please see...
Frontiers in Virtual Reality – Online Seminar Series
The Editorial board of Frontiers in Virtual Reality is pleased to present a series of virtual...
Report 32ème conférence IHM
Bonjour à toutes et tous,Compte tenu du contexte complexe qui nous affecte tous en ce moment, la...
22nd Symposium on Virtual and Augmented Reality (SVR 2020) Call for Papers
The Symposium on Virtual and Augmented Reality (SVR) is the premier conference on Virtual and...