EuroXR 2021: 1st Call for Contributions
CALL FOR CONTRIBUTIONS
18th EuroXR International Conference
24-26 November 2021
CNR-STIIMA, Milano, Italy
EuroXR Association (https://www.euroxr-association.org/) would like to cordially invite you to contribute to the 18th EuroXR International Conference - EuroXR 2021 - that the CNR-STIIMA institute will organize the 24-26 November 2021 in Milano, Italy.
This conference follows a series of successful international conferences initiated in 2004 by the INTUITION Network of Excellence in Virtual and Augmented Reality, supported by the European Commission until 2008. Embedded within the Joint Virtual Reality Conferences (JVRC) from 2009 to 2013, it was known as the EuroVR international conferences from 2014 and until last year.
Apart from annually gathering the EuroXR members for the association life, the focus of EuroXR conference is on novel VR/AR/MR technologies, including software systems, display technology, interaction devices, and applications. Besides papers on the latest scientific results and highlights from many application fields, the EuroXR conference series aim at creating a unique human-dimension framework, interconnecting European and international XR communities, for knowledge cross-fertilisations between researchers, technology providers, and end-users.
TYPES OF CONTRIBUTIONS
All contributions are organized in three main tracks, for some divided in two categories as follows.
Scientific track submissions can be:
• Full papers – either Long (14-20 pages) or Medium (8-12 pages) sizing - to be presented respectively as long or short talks during the scientific talk sessions: such submissions target original, unpublished works documenting new research, practices and experience, novel applications in VR or AV/AR/MR, or sound States of the Arts on challenging research questions in that field.
• Short papers (4-6 pages) to be presented during the scientific poster sessions: such submissions target works in progress or other scientific contributions including ideas for unimplemented and/or unusual VR or AV/AR/MR systems.
All scientific paper submissions must be in one-column Springer format, and indicated paper lengths do not include references.
The Scientific Program chairs will be in charge to select the accepted contributions of the both above categories, thanks to a double blind peer reviewing process among an International Program Committee (IPC). All accepted scientific papers will be published with the sizing (Long/Medium or Short) corresponding to their categories in the Scientific proceedings of EuroXR 2021, edited by Springer as a volume of the Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS) series. For your convenience, indexing information of LNCS series is available on this Springer webpage.
Application track contributions can be:
• Application talk (2-4 pages abstract): best practices, practical use cases of VR or AV/AR/MR, project results of applications using such technologies in industry and other sectors, actual or potential transfers of academic results, and position papers.
• Application poster (2-4 pages abstract): recently completed VR or AV/AR/MR applied work, application in progress, or unusual applications.
For this track, the Application Program chairs will manage the full review/acceptance process of two types of contributions (Application talk vs. Application poster).
Demo & Exhibition track (2-4 pages abstract)
live demonstrations of past and on-going projects. Technology developers and suppliers, exhibitors, digital artists, and members of the commercial VR or AV/AR/MR communities are all invited to exhibit and demonstrate the latest technologies and applications.
For this track, the Demo & Exhibition chairs will manage the full review/acceptance process of this type of contribution.
Moreover, we highly encourage all authors submitting any kind of contribution to categories 1.a, 1.b, 2.a or 2.b, to also submit a live demonstration with a related abstract to this Demo & Exhibition track.
All accepted abstracts for Application track and Demo & Exhibition track will be published in the Application & Demo proceedings of EuroXR 2021 as an ISBN-registered volume edited by VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland Ltd.
JOURNAL INVITATION AND AWARDS
Authors of some selected contributions, chosen by a special committee structured according to the categories of the Scientific and Application tracks, will be invited to submit an extended version to the open access journal Frontiers in Virtual Environments.
Last but not least, based on the work of the same special committee, best awards will be decided for each contribution category within each track. More information on the EuroXR best awards procedure will be available soon on the EuroXR 2021 website, as well as the winners of previous years.
For all categories of the Scientific track, a double blind peer reviewing process will be applied. Submissions have to be uploaded via the Online Conference Service (OCS) of Springer. Information on the OCS page will appear soon in the detailed submission guidelines of this track: https://www.euroxr-association.org/conference2021/submission-guidelines-for-scientific-track/
For all categories of the Application track and for Demo & Exhibition track, submissions are managed by EasyChair. Information will be available soon in the detailed submission guidelines of these tracks: https://www.euroxr-association.org/conference2021/submission-guidelines-for-application-track/
TOPICS OF INTEREST
TOPICS OF INTEREST include, but are not limited to:
Human factors issues
• User studies on all topics related to XR
• Presence, realism, validity and fidelity
• 3D user interfaces and/or 3D interaction metaphors
• Self-representation and embodiment, avatars, virtual humans
• Cybersickness and side effects
• Cost effectiveness and cost efficiency
• Ethical procedures and guidelines
• Cybersecurity, data protection and other legal issues
• XR system architecture
• Collaborative and distributed XR
• Augmented Reality and mobile devices
• Augmented Virtuality and tangible interfaces
• Mixed Reality
• Tracking and motion technologies
• Advances in display technologies
• Image-based 3D modeling and rendering
• Realistic rendering of dynamic or complex scenes
• 3D audio rendering and related technologies
• Haptics and force-feedback, algorithms, systems, and devices
• Real-time modeling & simulation
• Multimodal interaction in immersive environments
• Immersive collaboration: technologies, use cases, management
• Immersive analytics: interactions, models, architectures
• Artificial Intelligence for XR
• Virtual humans for XR
• Industrial applications
• Aerospace and Transport
• Construction and Architecture
• Manufacturing and Engineering
• Consumer neuroscience
• Organizational neuroscience
• Medicine and Rehabilitation
• Product and Process design
• Training and Education
• Cultural heritage
• Creative Practice
• Serious Gaming and Edutainment
For the Scientific track, contributions deadlines are:
- All Scientific submissions (Full & Short papers): July 5, 2021
- Notifications to the authors for all Scientific submissions: August 23, 2021
- Camera ready for all Scientific contributions: September 13, 2021
For the Application track and the Demo & Exhibition track, contributions deadlines are:
- Short abstract submissions for all related categories: Sept 13, 2021
- Notification to authors for all related categories: Oct 4, 2021
- Camera ready for all related categories: Oct 11, 2021
Conference days: November 24-26, 2021
Luca Greci (STIIMA, CNR, Italy)
Hideo Saito (Keio University, Japan)
Bruce H. Thomas (Director of IVE Lab, University of South Australia)
Scientific Program Chairs
Patrick Bourdot (University Paris-Saclay, CNRS, LISN, VENISE team, France)
Mariano Alcaniz Raya (Immersive Neurotechnologies Lab, Spain)
Pablo Figueroa (Los Andes University, Colombia)
Victoria Interrante (University of Minnesota, USA)
Torsten W. Kuhlen (RWTH Aachen University, Germany)
Dirk Reiners (University of Central Florida, USA)
Application Program Chairs
Jérôme Perret (Haption, France & Germany)
Kaj Helin (VTT, Finland)
Andrey Lunev (XR Insight Europe, Amsterdam, The Netherlands)
Lorenzo Cappannari (AnotherReality, Italy)
Krzysztof Walczak (Poznań University of Economics and Business, Poland)
Sara Arlati (STIIMA, CNR, Italy)
Demo and Exhibition Chairs
Matthieu Poyade (Glasgow School of Art, UK)
Giannis Karaseitanidis (ICCS, Greece)
Arcadio Reyes-Lecuona (University of Malaga, Spain)
Vera Colombo (STIIMA, CNR, Italy)
STIIMA, CNR, Milan, Italy: Daniele Dalmiglio, Francesca Sacchini
EuroXR - Marco Sacco, Beatrice Palacco, Patrick Bourdot
COVID-19 CONTINGENCY PLAN
In case a physical attendance of the conference will not be feasible (due to Covid-19), we will publish all accepted papers as stated above, and we will hold a virtual conference that will allow all authors to present their work.
Retour sur Laval Virtual en virtuel
Nous n’avons jamais rassemblé autant de participant au VRIC durant Laval Virtual !Les chiffres...
CfP : SMI 2020 Fabrication and Sculpting Event
The Fabrication and Sculpting Event (FASE) presents original research at the intersection of...
Call for Papers ISMAR 2020
http://ismar20.org/call-for-papers/Note: all submissions are made via the PCS system. Please see...
Frontiers in Virtual Reality – Online Seminar Series
The Editorial board of Frontiers in Virtual Reality is pleased to present a series of virtual...
Report 32ème conférence IHM
Bonjour à toutes et tous,Compte tenu du contexte complexe qui nous affecte tous en ce moment, la...
22nd Symposium on Virtual and Augmented Reality (SVR 2020) Call for Papers
The Symposium on Virtual and Augmented Reality (SVR) is the premier conference on Virtual and...