ICIDS 2020 CALL FOR PROPOSALS
International Conference on Interactive Digital Storytelling
3-6 November 2020,
ICIDS is the premier conference for researchers and practitioners concerned with studying digital interactive forms of narrative from a variety of perspectives, including theoretical, technological, and applied design lenses. The annual conference is an interdisciplinary gathering that combines technology-focused approaches with humanities-inspired theoretical inquiry, empirical research and artistic expression.
Paper and poster submissions are invited into one of four main conference tracks, and papers are also invited to a special Blue Skies ideas track. Please note that the topics listed for each track are suggestions, and we invite authors to interpret them broadly, and to consider similar topics that are not listed:
1. Narrative Systems
* Narrative AI and Procedural Generation
* Formal Models of Narrative
* User Modelling
* Authoring Tools
* Novel Interfaces and Feedback
* Interactive Cinema and iTV
* Augmented, Virtual and Mixed Reality Storytelling
* Storytelling with Big Data
* Novel Architectures and Engines
* Computational Narratology
2. Interactive Narrative Theory
* Narratological Models
* The Role of Author and Reader
* Literary Approaches
* Narrative and Game Design
* Narrative and Performative Practice
* Critical Readings
3. Interactive Narrative Impact and Applications
* Health, social, or educational applications
* Impact on Culture and Society
* Ethical, moral, social, and policy issues
* Professional Practice and Processes
* Purposive Interactive Stories and Games
* Applications of Interactive Narrative Technology
* Production and Processes
* Cognitive and Affective Aspects
* Narrative Presence and Engagement
* Evaluation of Applications.
4. The Interactive Narrative Research Discipline and Contemporary Practice
* Philosophical Approaches
* Learning from Other Traditions
* New Scientific Methodologies
* Archives and Preservation
* Place of Interactive Narrative among other fields
* Reflection on the History of the Discipline
* Future of the Discipline
SPECIAL TRACK: Blue Skies Research
We invite paper submissions on visionary ideas, long term challenges, and opportunities in research that are outside of the current mainstream topics of the conference. Submissions will be judged on the extent to which they expand the possibilities and horizons of Interactive Narrative Research, or challenge existing assumptions prevalent in the field.
Submissions to this track are limited to a maximum of 4 pages. All submissions will be evaluated by a special committee of senior researchers, and successful submissions will be included in the conference proceedings.
June 12th - Submission deadline (full, short, poster, blue skies)
August 7th - Notifications to authors
Sept 1st - Camera ready copy due
All submissions must follow the Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS) format, available at: www.springer.com/computer/lncs?SGWID=0-164-6-793341-0
Authors should consult Springer’s authors’ guidelines and use their proceedings templates, either for LaTeX or for Word, for the preparation of their papers.
* Full papers (9-12 pages, excluding references, in the proceedings) describing interesting, novel results or completed work in all topics of this call.
* Short papers (6-8 pages, excluding references, in the proceedings) presenting exciting preliminary work or novel, thought-provoking ideas in their early stages.
* Posters (2-4 pages, excluding references, in the proceedings) describing working, presentable systems or brief explanations of a research project.
Blue Skies Track:
* Blue Skies Paper (2-4 pages including references) presenting visionary ideas, long term challenges, and opportunities in research that are outside of the current mainstream topics of the conference.
Submissions should be made through the ICIDS Easychair site:
Please note that Papers must be written in English, and only electronic submissions in PDF format will be considered for review. Publication is conditional on a minimum of one author registering for the conference and attending to present the work to the community.
WORKSHOP, CREATIVE TRACK, AND DOCTORAL CONSORTIUM
ICIDS will also host a series of workshops, demos, an exhibition of creative works, as well as doctoral consortium for student researchers. The calls for these are available on the website.
CfP : SMI 2020 Fabrication and Sculpting Event
The Fabrication and Sculpting Event (FASE) presents original research at the intersection of...
Call for Papers ISMAR 2020
http://ismar20.org/call-for-papers/Note: all submissions are made via the PCS system. Please see...
Frontiers in Virtual Reality – Online Seminar Series
The Editorial board of Frontiers in Virtual Reality is pleased to present a series of virtual...
Report 32ème conférence IHM
Bonjour à toutes et tous,Compte tenu du contexte complexe qui nous affecte tous en ce moment, la...
22nd Symposium on Virtual and Augmented Reality (SVR 2020) Call for Papers
The Symposium on Virtual and Augmented Reality (SVR) is the premier conference on Virtual and...
Call for Submissions (COVID-19 Update) IVA2020
ACM 20th International Conference on Intelligent Virtual AgentsIntelligent Virtual Agents (IVA)...