Call for Participation - Augmented Humans 2023 Conference - Glasgow, UK
The Augmented Humans (AHs) International Conference will be held in Glasgow, UK in the Mazumdar-Shaw Advanced Research Centre (ARC, University of Glasgow) on March 12-14th, 2023, focusing on physical, cognitive, and perceptual augmentation of humans through digital technologies. The plural – humans – emphasizes the move towards technologies that enhance human capabilities beyond the individual and will have the potential for impact on societal scale.
There are many ways to participate in the conference. In the following email, you can find the tracks offered by Augmented Humans in addition to their respective deadlines and notification dates. Of particular note is the full/short paper deadline coming up on the 2nd December 2022.
For the first time this year, dedicated workshops will also be part of the conference. The deadline for workshop proposals can be found below. The approved workshops and their corresponding websites will also be linked here in due time.
The idea of augmenting the human intellect has a long tradition, the term was coined by Douglas Engelbart in 1962 . Today, many of the technologies envisioned by Engelbart and others are commonplace, and looking towards the future, many technologies which amplify the human body and mind far beyond the original vision are within reach.
Many of the people involved in this conference have shaped the conference and the field in their roles as program chairs, steering committee members or authors at previous augmented human conferences. As in the augmented human conference in previous years, the conference proceedings will be published in the ACM Digital Library as a volume in its International Conference Proceedings Series (ICPS) with ISBN.
 Engelbart, Douglas C.. “AUGMENTING HUMAN INTELLECT: A Conceptual Framework.” (1962).
- Applications in tourism, games, art
- Security, privacy and trust aspects of augmented human technology
- Augmentation of human health through digital technologies
- Augmentation technologies for aspects of live (e.g., sleep, eating)
- Augmented, virtual and mixed reality
- Augmented sport activities
- Bionic systems for amplification and augmentation of human abilities
- Brain-machine interfaces
- Co-robots for human augmentation
- Digital technologies for physical, cognitive, mental, and perceptual enhancement and augmentation
- Exoskeletons and assistive devices for the amplification of human physical strength and physiological sensing
- Implanted technologies and interfaces
- Sensing for context-awareness
- Sensors and actuators for smart artifacts and smart textiles
- Supernumerary robotic limbs
- Technologies to improve human experience and to reduce stress
- Tele-manipulation and tele-existence using robotics technology
- Training and rehabilitation technology
- Wearable computing and ubiquitous computing for augmenting human capabilities
Full/Short Paper Deadline: 2nd December, 2022 (Anywhere on Earth)
Full/Short Paper Decision Notifications 6th January, 2023
Posters/Demos Deadline 13th January, 2023 (Anywhere on Earth)
Posters/Demos Decision Notifications 10th February, 2023
Workshop Proposals Deadline 13th January, 2023 (Anywhere on Earth)
Workshop Proposals Decision Notifications 20th January, 2023
Submission deadlines for the approved workshops will be set by the workshop supervisors themselves. More information can be found on the respective workshop websites.
For submission instructions, please see the website ( https://augmented-humans.org/calls-for-participation/ ).
Retour sur Laval Virtual en virtuel
Nous n’avons jamais rassemblé autant de participant au VRIC durant Laval Virtual !Les chiffres...
CfP : SMI 2020 Fabrication and Sculpting Event
The Fabrication and Sculpting Event (FASE) presents original research at the intersection of...
Articles de la conférence CHI 2020 disponibles
Les proceedings de la conférence CHI 2020 (Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems)...
Call for Papers ISMAR 2020
http://ismar20.org/call-for-papers/Note: all submissions are made via the PCS system. Please see...
Report – Journée du Groupe de Travail « Réalité Virtuelle » du GDR IG.RV
Suite à la crise sanitaire, nous somme obligés de décaler le Groupe de travail réalité virtuelle...
Frontiers in Virtual Reality – Online Seminar Series
The Editorial board of Frontiers in Virtual Reality is pleased to present a series of virtual...